Friday, February 25, 2011

Maximum Rock n Roll reviewed our tape this month

"Don't be fooled by the name/mock logo, this band sounds nothing like WIPERS...maybe more like POISON IDEA with lyrics written by WEIRD AL. Reminds me at certain times of poppy east bay punk bands a la SPAM RECORDS like the BLOTTOS or YOUR MOTHER but not as lyrically genius anything BOBBY JOE EBOLA related. With that being said, the lyrics to "Dog Mosh", about a crust punk's dog who can mosh, made me laugh but that's not saying much cause I still think Dumb and Dumber is funny. Was this inspired by the band CANINUS?" (Matt) (4-song cassette, lyrics included, Eat The Life Records)

Please comment on this post if you know who any of these bands are. I'm just gonna pretend it says Blotto and not Blottos, for all the Albany heads in the room. I just googled Caninus and am now REALLY happy that we got compared to that! has this band ever preformed live?????

2 comments: